A four part strategy to systematically destroy a group of already victimised and traumatised people:
- Spread false information about these people and withhold the truth.
- Refer to them publically as illegal immigrants, queue-jumpers and economic migrants. Allow the public to expand on these words to include terms such as criminals, job-stealers, welfare-spongers and terrorists.
- Foster public opinion to believe that action needs to be taken against them.
- Round up and detain these already victimised and traumatised people, in remote places.
- Keep them in conditions which are condemned by the United Nations and Amnesty International. Hold them there indefinitely, without avenue for appeal.
- Refer to them collectively as detainees and transferees. Avoid using the term people. Refer to them individually by numbers relating to the boats they arrived on, instead of by using their names.
- Tell them every day that they will never be adequately resettled and that…
View original post 399 more words