The conditions for pregnant women in Wickham Point Immigration Detention Centre (WPIDC) are even worse than the those at the DAL.
- Women report that they are constantly hungry because of lack of food
- They tell of meals of boiled chicken and rice day after day
- They have to wait in food queues in the heat for one to two hours to be served.
- Women who feel faint and ask for permission to sit are told that this is not permitted unless they have a “script” from the doctor otherwise they must wait in the queue like everyone else.
- All people including the women are allowed one piece of fruit each day, two sometimes depending on which guard is on duty
- Their rooms are searched with cameras and they get into trouble if they are found with food or fruit in their rooms.
- Guards walk in without knocking at any…
View original post 453 more words